A Midwesterner's Four Months Across the Pond

A Midwesterner's Four Months Across the Pond

Saturday, May 14, 2011

The Countdown

So exactly three weeks from this very moment  (in your time) I will be in America. Enjoying my five hour layover in Chicago O'Hare. Which I didn't realize I had. Strange how these inconvenient travel details always seem to come as a shock to me when I'm the one who booked the tickets. I guess in this particular case I was too focused on the London-ward part of the trip and not so much on the return. But the important thing is that I'll be stateside again!!!!!!! What that excessive number of exclamation points is trying to say is: I'm ready to be home.

I'm going to miss London. How could I not miss a place like this?

These last few months have been unbelievable, and I still have three weeks of amazing-ness to experience (DAVID FREAKIN TENNANT IN T-MINUS 3 DAYS!!!!!!!!!!), but lately, there has been a longing in my soul for a few of things that I can't get here.
I miss Netflix. And Hulu. And Java House. And Capt'n Crunch (peanut butter and/or berries). And the Diner. And being able to watch movies on a TV. And watching TV not in a communal kitchen that is always too hot and smells weird. And being able to have people over without having to check them in at a front desk (die, Nido, die!) And Herbal Essence Totally Twisted (they do have that here, I just couldn't justify spending 4 pounds which is like 7 bucks on shampoo). And having a casserole dish to cook in.And Panera Bread. And maple syrup. And Bluemoon. And SuperSaver. And Runza. And The Mill. And the Englert Theatre. And 318 Ridgeland #3. And Elvis.

And you all most of all.

So mark your calenders, kids. I shall arrive in Nebraska at 7:15 PM June 4. I shall linger in Lincoln until the 11th or 12th. Then I shall be in Iowa City until the 22nd. Then I shall be drinking in country music (and other delicious substances) for 4 days at Country Stampede with the Forever Loves until the 27th. Then I'm back in IC  for the rest of the summer to try and pretend like I can replenish my bank account if I work hard enough.

You guys, I am so excited to see you.


Yours with so much love my heart might explode,
Sarah

2 comments:

  1. I'm counting down till I get to give you the biggest hug ever!!! Ahhh we need to catch up on so much I feel like and watch HOTCHICK!!! We are gonna have to live up your time in Lincoln and then of course we will have an AMAZING time at Stampede!!! :) LOOOOOOOOVE YOU AND MISS YOU TONS!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU!!!!!!!!!!! and hear you use all your awesome British slang lol :) and assist you in your transition back into Midwestern daily life. Love you, sis! :D

    ReplyDelete